Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Core Content for Virtual Tour

Standard 2
Students will understand that volcanoes, earthquakes, uplift, weathering, and erosion reshape Earth's surface.
In the Science 5th Grade Core

I chose this topic for the virtual tour, mostly because everything else I tried kept bombing. I just kept going through the Core curriculum to try to get inspired about something I could do. Plus it was hard to find places besides popular cities that had more stuff to click on. I wanted to do things like the Rainforest and the Sahara Desert but Google Earth didn't really like those choices.

I do feel like the virtual tour can help the students learn a concept more. I don't know if it is the best way, but it is different. Plus they can do it at home with a parent and they also have the option of playing with the layers and finding out different information. It is nice to let the students do the inquiring. I think the best thing would be to let the students just explore on there and see what they can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment