Tuesday, November 10, 2009

3 Videos

After watching the three videos, I found the most important thing was to have age-appropriate tools and technology resources. In all of the videos, I could tell that the programs they were using were appropriate for that age group and if the teacher didn't take the time to ensure that, the students would probably feel frustrated or bored. All of the students in these videos seemed very engaged in what they were doing.

Along with that, I found that the technology was used to enhance any unit or theme instead of becoming the unit or theme. I feel like it would be easy if you had technology readily available to just rely on it for most of your activities. But, these teachers in the videos used it to add to the lessons, not take over the lessons. Overall, I thought the story extension was the most enjoyable looking. I loved how it took ideas and illustrations directly from the students and allowed them to make a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment